Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Favorite Fabulous Read Alouds Linky!

I came across this fun linky by Sunny Days in Second Grade: Show and Tell Tuesdays! This Tuesday she is sharing her favorite read alouds. I absolutely love read alouds and always like getting more great book ideas! SO I linked up!


Here are a few of my favorite read alouds....



Jan Brett

First of all, I am in love obsessed with Jan Brett! There are many reasons to love her stories, but I really like her stories because of all the interesting words she uses. I use her books to help teach adding interesting words to their writing. With Jan Brett books it is so hard to get through the book when there are so many great words on each page! NOT to mention all the wonderful Christmas stories she has written. Seriously, there is no way to get to them all.  

Here are a couple others of hers that I like to read....
  



Daisy Comes Home by Jan Brett

 This story has a great lesson learned. The chicken is bullied by the other chickens and then gets washed away from her home by a flash flood river and is almost sold at a market. She learns how to stand up for herself along the way down the river. The unfortunate events ultimately help her deal with the other hens on her farm. 




   The 3 Little Dassies by Jan Brett


This is another story very similar storyline to The 3 Little Pigs. Love, love IT!




Roller Coaster by Marla Frazee

This story is great for teaching different aspects of grammar and writing craft. There are many great opportunities in this book!



Regards to the Man in the Moon by Ezra Jack Keats


I use this book each year with Main Idea and Details. I make a cute pop-up activity with stars as the details and the moon as the main idea. Check it out!
 






Those are just a few. :) Hope you found something new! :)
Fly on over and join the linky!


2 comments:

  1. OH, I really like your activity to use with Regards to the Man in the Moon. I've never heard of this book - I'll have to check it out.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! I do it every year! :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make me smile!