Friday, August 9, 2013

Five for Friday and Freebie Friday!

fiveforfriday2

AND
Picture of Free Teacher Downloads at Teaching Blog Addict

Today I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday Linky! 

AND 

with Teaching Blog Addict for Freebie Friday!

Here are my random 5 and Freebie!

1.  Stay Positive Reminder

Last year was a hard year for me and there was a decent amount of negativity around. THIS year WILL be different. I want to have a daily reminder in front of me to keep me in check. I want to STAY POSITIVE this year. SO, I created a little picture to be framed and put on my desk to remind me. I bought and used a 4X6 frame from the dollar store.

Do You Need/Want a Reminder??
 This is a FREEBIE on my Facebook Page. Go like my page to get this PLUS many more freebies! 


2. My Writing Process Status of the Class

Last year I used a clip chart. It was ugly and I didn't like it. About a week ago I saw this idea on another blog {I can't for the life of me remember where} and decided to try it out!
I am going to use tins and popsicle sticks with their numbers to keep track of their progress and status. I have 2 classes, SO I will have to make two different styles of numbers. That is fine with me... I just haven't gotten around to creating those yet..maybe today...






3. Binder Covers!

Yesterday I updated my conferencing binder covers! They were in serious need! I am creating an editable binder cover pack that will be posted soon! 



4. Parent Communications Binder

My Parent Communications Binder has been my TOP seller this summer on TPT. I finally printed and made copies to put mine together!

I just love the feeling of being organized!


Examples of the divider pages


This is the student information sheet and questionnaire. This will go home with parents on Meet the Teacher night to be returned the First Day of School.



This is the individual parent communication sheets for each student. I will have to get dividers to separate the sections for each student.

This is one option of the master parent information list. This makes it so much easier to find parent numbers or emails quickly!

 These are the volunteer sheets. They currently are not in the pack in my TPT store because I know that they differ from class to class. So I just made these for my classroom. Here is what my volunteer set up will be... I'm planning on going back and adding some bright colors to the sign. It's SO blah! 


5.  JJ Watt. 

His name should speak for itself! I am a HUGE Houston Texans fan and LOVE JJ Watt. He is cute, BUT it's more that he is a very talented player and a terrific guy! This was in a magazine I was glancing at in the grocery store...LOVE <3! He actually lives in the neighborhood behind me! I think we have plans to trick or treat over there this year.. haha.. I promise I'm not a stalker!


Today is the Houston Texans first preseason game! I know the starters aren't playing, but that doesn't matter! I am SOO excited for the start of football season! I can't WAIT!



So 4 out of 5 are school related! That's pretty good!

I'm off to hopefully finish creating for my classroom.. I'm ready to be done and start planning my lessons! :)

Have a Fabulous Weekend Y'all!

GO TEXANS!


12 comments:

  1. Love your parent communications binder!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those buckets are so colorful and cute! They add so much to a room decor - plus the plan you have to use them is really engaging for the kiddos. Thanks for sharing!
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping it works out well!

      Carly

      Delete
  3. I love the bucket. They are so bright and colorful. Your binders turned out great too!!! Thanks for sharing.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your organizational ideas.

    Sue

    The Very Busy Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the buckets! I picked up a ton of buckets at Target for $1 and have been trying to figure out what to do with them. Also, your parent communication binder is AMAZING. Love all the details it includes!!

    Andrew
    Mr. First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I always get a bunch when I go to Target!! I'm addicted.... That is how I ended up with so many! Thanks so much! :)

      Carly

      Delete
  6. I love your buckets as well! I used some of those for our PBIS model but did away with them because of the handles. That is a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

    Meredith
    1, 2, Eyes On You!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments make me smile!